I offer Mantis (seer, divination) service for minimum donations, but you are free to donate whatever you think is a fair price.
I recommend a minimum donation of between $5 and $15 for everything but hydroscrying, which is really time-intensive and can sometimes wear me out, mentally and emotionally. If you can’t do even $5, please talk to me, as I also barter.
Please come to me with clear questions or situations you want answers for. I am not comfortable with attempting to relay any messages from specific deities that are ostensibly for people other than myself.
- Hydroscrying: A very ancient form of divination, used in ancient Hellas (notably by Plutarch); the mantis approaches a spring (many ancient cities had one dedicated to hydroscrying) or a bowl of water and interprets the visions given by the motions, etc…. Best for reading similar to “oracular trance” as it can sometimes take me up to or over four hours or more for a decent vision out of my bowl.
- Tasseomancy: “Cup creading”. I tend to use tea or coffee (and I prefer coffee); Greek coffee reading is directly related to the ancient Hellenes reading the sediments remaining in the bottom of a wine glass and coffee and tea reading were also developed independently in Ethiopia and China, respectively, at around the time Hellenes were reading wine sediments. Symbols in the grounds or leaves can give a more generalised reading. Best in-person, and can take the better part of an hour-and-a-half from beginning to end, starting with making the coffee or tea. Because of the social nature of this method, I only offer these readings over Skype or in my home. If you live in the Lansing, Michigan, area, starting in the summer of 2013, I should start reading coffee and looseleaf tea at The Avenue on Michigan Ave.
- Pendulum dowsing: Also an ancient method, and one that still enjoys relative popularity today. I use a hand-painted scroll for a board, and a chambered pendulum. Best for simpler Q&A readings, but can potentially give a more generalised response; a good reading may take 30-45min.
Smoke-and-Laurel scrying: I take a laurel leaf from my own tree blessed in Apollon’s name, wash it, and then hold it into a flame of on the screen over incense. I read the smoke like I do cup sediments. Good for a generalised reading or simple Q&A, but I don’t offer this in winter, when my laurel has to be inside. Typically a decent reading comes in 15-30minutes.Not offered at this time (2013-May-13).
- Hellenic Alphabet Oracle: Still pretty new to this ancient system discovered in Lycia; kinda like rune divination, only in Greek (seriously the best way to describe it to those unfamiliar with this specific system). Each letter symbolises something that can help form a general-answer divination. I tend to get a good answer after interpreting four letters; generally takes no more than 30min.
- Homeric Verse Oracle: Also pretty new to this. Based on a system in the Greek Magical Papyri. the throw of dice corresponds with a Homeric verse. I’m getting comfortable with the symbolism and generalised answers of a three or four-verse divination.
I can perform divinations at my home (by appointment only, minimum two days in advance), or on-line. On-line divination is preferably given over Skype. Skype sessions are best arranged by appointment (best if arranged a minimum of twenty-four hours prior). If you prefer e-mail, I have a contact page. I reserve the right to reject any divination offers, especially at my home.
In the near future, I will look up the local laws regarding street vendors, and may offer divination in the Old Town district of Lansing.
This is a legitimate religious practise; it is no more or less for “entertainment” value than a Catholic confession, pentecostal exorcism, Quaker group mysticism, Buddhist meditation, or so on. That said, I cannot 100% guarantee that your interpretation of what I tell you I’ve seen will be accurate, and I cannot guarantee that you will immediately be able to make any sense out of it, nor can I guarantee that you ever will. I can only tell you what I believe the Theoi have shown me, and what you take from that is entirely up to you. I absolutely cannot, in good consciousness, claim that this is “for entertainment purposes only”.